ANEMOMETER LOAN PROGRAM
Description – The anemometer loan program
will be used to verify/establish the wind resource potential of
Anemometer Partners – The partners in the program should be as follows:
· City or County government
· Not-for-profit groups
· Other government agencies
· Private individuals
· Small wind developers
The partners will be responsible for installing the anemometer and tower, collecting data (trained individuals are available to assist), secure permits as required, secure permission from private individuals and secure liability waivers.
Location Criteria – Criteria to be considered in selecting an anemometer site should be:
· Near an existing distribution or transmission line.
· Have road access.
· Be in a perceived windy area.
Data received from the anemometer will be made public and
will be accessible on a web site. The
data will be integrated with other available data such as the National Weather
Service, Community Monitoring System, Weather net, The Western Regional Climate
Center, Nevada Department of Transportation, etc. The data will also be used to verify/create
wind resource maps for the State of
Selection Criteria – The criteria used in prioritizing or selecting sites for anemometers will be as follows:
· Located in an area where there is no wind data available.
· Proximity to an existing power distribution intertie.
· Data could support economic development.
· Located in an area where data verification is needed.